Parents & Friends
Parents & Friends Association
Kalinda Parents & Friends Association is a welcoming, dedicated and hard-working group of parents, grandparents and carers who:
- meet once a month to discuss issues, concerns and keep up-to-date via “Gail’s Gossip” about what is happening in the school;
- provide services for our children (e.g. Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls, School Disco, and Christmas Carol evening);
- host events (e.g. morning/afternoon teas, dinners, Biggest Morning Tea (Australian Cancer Council), Prep Transition Sessions and Tears ‘n Cheers for our new Prep parents);
- contribute financially to the purchase of extra items for our children from monies raised at events run by P&F; and
- enjoy social events together.
Kalinda's choir performs for parents at our annual 'Australia's Biggest Morning Tea'.
Our elected P&F Executives for 2017 are:
Simone Rizk, Jacinta Toomey, Emma Jarvis, Sarah Fairhurst, Andrea Badlee, and Shona Crothers.
P&F meetings are an opportunity for all parents and carers to discuss how the committee can best support their child’s education at Kalinda. P&F are not a fundraising body. We provide a great range of services for the children and parents and host events. If we profit any money from these events we then decide on where and how it will be spent within the school.
You are invited to come along and join P&F, everyone is more than welcome! Your level of participation is entirely up to you; whether you would just like to attend monthly meetings or be involved with helping out at a stall, the choice is completely yours. It is also a great way to meet and make friends in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We also offer the services of childcare for our “extra little people” while we have meetings. So please do come along and join us for a coffee in a very warm and relaxed social environment.
Our meetings are held monthly from 9:30am in the Stadium, after assembly.